Friday, September 7, 2007

blog #2

Netiquette- The article was for the most part common sense. I guess I can say that with experience. With my ex husband I was communicating only via E-mail and a lot of his E-mails have been used against him. I did not know it could for sure, but I figured his e-mail address would be on it there for he couldn't say he did not write it. I did learn that chain letters were illegal. I have received them through E-mail but I don't bother with passing them on. Good thing. Before reading this article I never thought about how people only have one way of seeing you on the Internet, through writing. Delete doesn't mean delete. Well I guess I knew that because I do watch CSI from time to time. (ha ha ha) Overall, I found the article very uninformative.

Teaching for Understanding- This article, on the other hand, was very informative. As I was reading it I thought how can I apply Technology in high school math! Easy, as the article states knowledge comes from experience. I have had so many friends who did not understand word problems technology would have been easier to show/explain. We as teachers need to help the students apply what they are memorizing into real life or action. Technology can be used as a tool for teachers to be more effective and accurate. This statement is true especially for newer teachers who are a little scared there first year and they can prepare there lesson at home and present it to class through technology. Technology encourages students to explore facts they question. They could use different types of simulations and/or animations to prove or disprove the facts that are givin to them. After reading this article I realize that using technolgy is a great advantage for both the teacher and student.

No comments: