Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Blog # 5

I know now how much technology will help me as a teacher. PowerPoint, will be a big tool during lectures. As stated previously I plan to teach high school math.

As a teacher I could preplan my lectures. I could discuss each type of problem step by step. I would be able to keep the students engaged during the boring lectures. Using different types of effects will make learning more interesting and fun. Word Problems seem to be a huge problem for many students, with PowerPoint I will be able to have great sound,visual,and colorful effects to keep them interested. Once I have taught a few years I could use the same PowerPoint and improve the presentation as I feel fit. This would save time.

I know being a student is very hard when lectures are long and boring this PowerPoint would change that. If a student is visually stimulated then PowerPoint is a great stimulant. Also, if a student is a slow learner, absent, or does not understand they could get copies of the PowerPoint lecture for better understanding.

One way this would improve my teaching, I would not have to make new lesson plans every year and I would be able to help those students who need the extra help.

Bloom's Taxonomy

Could you image if teachers actually excepted students to recall, understand, apply, compare, synthesis and evaluate every thing we read. That would mean no more multiple choice and more work for the teachers. This actually would be a great thing but since in our education system says what we have to learn and when we need to learn it by that would be impossible.

If this theory was applied to math then a student would be able to figure out that math does have a purpose. You hear most students say "why do I need to know algebra I will never use it." I think in higher learning Bloom's Taxonomy would be better applied.

No comments: