Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blog # 7

I think wiki could be an advantage for a long project or a very short project. But, if it is a project with many people and a short amount of time, then wiki is frustrating. It seemed when I was able to get on wiki, know one else was on it. So my thoughts were not responded to right away. I had to wait, then they had to wait until I was on it. It seemed like my thoughts were not a part of the project due to the fact of time. But if it is a timed project that need to be done within a day, then everyone would have to work on it right away. We all would have to make the time at the same time.





I now understand what you mean by watch what you write because someone may take it the wrong way. For example, During our discussion page the following was said.







keseymour2 writes: policies
I believe we need two pages for Acceptable use Policies. One for teacher and one for the studentsPosted Thursday, 8:29 am

XXXXXXX: re: policies
wouldnt u think that the teachers and students should follow the same rules?Posted Thursday, 8:32 am

XXXXXXXXre: policies
one wuold hope...











"one would hope...." I took this as duh? of course they follow the same policies. I did take offence to this. I believe I am correct when you asked for two pages one for the teacher and one for the students. But I am not sure. I guess we will find out later.





A Building Block for teacher Vol28 #8





This article really made me think about how unfair the education system is. If anything the poorer schools should get the extra funding for computes, since the student probably do not have computer at home. This would be a great advantage for lower income students.





It seems to me everyone talks about what should be done and know one does any thing. We live in a very technological time therefor we should be teaching the students how to use technology. I think most people are to scared to stand up and fight cause they don't want to cause any waves. I





Since money is an issue, most schools don't have computers in all classrooms so the have labs. The major obstacle is equal access and equal time. The article was also saying that if there are only labs the it make the student think computers are "extra" but on the contrary they are the future.





Some classes have computer work stations with encourages student collaborative thinking, and helping each other. It is always good when students can help each other.





Teachers have to be more aware of technology. They can use it for the classroom and well as help them with different teacher tasks. Teachers should have prolonged training and then apply it.

No comments: